Friday 15 February 2013

Enrapture Encode Totem Styler



I had been wanting the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler for a while until I finally got the chance to try it out at the start of the week. The Totem Styler came packaged in a box complete with a heat resistant pouch and a style guide. The Styler is special in that it features 3 dials that all heat up to different temperatures in order to create various styles of curls. The idea of the product is that you are able to control the temperate of each dial to create or 'encode' any curl/wave that you want. I love the concept of it as I've always struggled trying to create the right style I want with the standard curling iron.

The Encode dials on the styler go from 1-3, with heat setting 1 being a low temperature to create loose waves, setting 2 being a medium temperature to create a medium curl and lastly, setting 3 being the highest temperature in order to create a tight curl. I didn't have to wait long at all for it to heat up and it's so easy to use once you get the hang of it and know how best to style your hair.

My favourite combination would probably be 1-2-3 as it styles the hair loosely at the top, then gradually the curl goes tighter towards the bottom. I like to brush the curls out gently sometimes but I'm more likely to just scrunch the ends up a bit and try to separate pieces aswell as making it more volumised. As you can see from the photo above, using 1-3-3 creates really tight curls at the bottom and mid-lengths while using dial 1 at the top gives a loose style. I love creating waves/curls with the styler and playing around with the different encode dials to see what style I can create.

The Totem Styler retails at RRP £74.99 but there are sometimes offers on where you can get it cheaper, just search around! It's definitely worth the money and I know I'll get so much use out of it.

Also, you may have noticed that I've dyed my hair! I went to the hairdressers and had it dyed back to my natural colour, a dark brown, I'm really happy with it but just need the condition to get a bit better and for it to grow just a little bit more!

What do you think of the Totem Styler? Do you have one? Will you be investing in one?

Laura x


25 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this! I really like 1-2-3 too, but I don't think I'll be purchasing one just yet!Xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous curls! I have never heard of this, but I'd love to try it

    Lauren
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look around and see what deals you can find! x

      Delete
  3. This looks so great, I love the curls that it creates! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing, your hair looks so pretty!

    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about this styler, I'd love to try it but because my hair's naturally curly I can't really justify splashing out!xxx

    Charlotte
    www.coloursandcarousels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 123 one:) x

    GIVEAWAY at www.thebeautymist.com
    featuring Urban Outfitters, Models Own, & more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The curls look so pretty, I can't wait to finally get my hands on the Enrapture Totem Styler. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Laura your hair looks absolutely gorgeous in all of these photos! I can't pick a favourite!! I really want a Enrapture Encode Totem Styler! I need to get my hands on it! :) x Laura

    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw you should definitely try get one! :) x

      Delete
  9. Your hair looks absolutely beautiful! Have been wanting to buy these for a while. Maybe I should bite the bullet.. I'm now following :) HI!

    Rosa x

    hello scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah definitely recommend it! Oh thanks so much, hi! x

      Delete
  10. ah you look really amazing! they all look so great

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh this looks amazing! i find it so hard to get curls to stay in my hair - but i really like the way you can get such different looks from one product! you're so pretty! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) yeah it's really easy to create them and I just spritz a bit of hairspray on! x

      Delete
  12. loooove your hair darker- it suits you so much, i really want to dye my hair back to my natural colour! looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the loose curls and the fact this has 3 different settings. I need one in my life xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 3 settings definitely make it so much easier to create the type of curl you want! x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...